Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Central Park ("The Playground for the Wealthy")


"In the late 1800's Central park was named "The playground for the wealthy" because no one could afford to live uptown then unless they were wealthy. Central Park is known as "the most famous park in the United States and one of the most famous parks in the world." Although I have been to the park many times, each time I go there it reminds me how beautiful the nature is in new york city (behind all of those buildings). My favorite time to go is in the fall when the leaves change color and the weather is perfect. Since I've been living at the city I meet up with my dad (who lives near central park) at least once a week and take a walk through the park. There is so much to do in the park from just hanging out to different types of activity. There are great biking and running paths, free-lance artists, playgrounds, baseball fields, etc. "The construction of the park began in 1857", and it now covers over "840 acres", starting from 59th-110th street. It is such a great advantage to be able to turn your head from loud honking cars, and subways to simply beautiful nature.

Here are a few pictures I have taken in the park...





























Citation: Kinkead, Eugene:"Central Park"  The Birth,Decline,And Renewal Of a National Treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment